Sunday, May 29, 2011

Watch a river long enough, you will see the bodies of your enemies pass

The day started with a request to pick up the rest of the minerals in Hrober, the corp had purchased for its hurried Hurricane building. I checked to see intelligence channels, no war targets online. 

I jumped into my Mammoth, and set my destination. The journey there was safe. However as i entered Hrober, i saw in local 2 -VW- members (German Pirate coalition). I warped to the station the minerals where and as i came out of warp, i saw a enemy, wienner of -VW- in a Ferox, over 60km from me. 

I docked and collected my minerals, i suspected -wienner-VW- to maybe camping me, but i decided he would come under fire from station sentry guns if he was stupid enough to engage me. So after a cup of coffee, i left station, and to my delight, wienner was there. Foolishly he locked me, i had already activated my shield resists.He fired a storm of missiles which crashed against my shields. I winced, hoping my warp core stabilisers would work. The missiles barley disrupted my shields. My warp core stabilisers kicked into operation and I warped off. Behind I saw an explosion, as the enemy Ferox went up in flames from the station fire. I laughed so hard  my pod fluids bubbled. Not long after i docked at HQ eager to tell my story. 

I went to the officers lounge and had some breakfast and more coffee. I sat about and read the alliance and corp communications i had received on my data log. Then over the comms came a call. Enemy POS attack on again!! the tower has come out of invulnerability mode! 

I asked what was needed, commander Vantlor -UNI-  requested a warp disrupting bubble be set up to protect fleet from incoming enemy. I saw in our corp hangers that master nyrr had made one, so i grabbed it and told Vantlor if it was lost alliance would have to replace. I jumped into my Jaguar and loaded the small Mobile warp disruptor, and with Huang warrior Tetseptus and new friend Vheroir i set off to the siege. 

Once there i requested repairer drones be on me when i arrive at the pos. I wasn't looking forward to loosing another Jaguar. I warped to the fleet and moved 20km behind them, so I anchored the warp disruptor and warped to a planet. 

The battle ships pounded the POS, a number of "Dark Forces" alliance cruisers where lost to the POS fire, NMTZ commanders ordered all cruisers out! Tetseptus left the siege heavily battered, Vheroir in his Cyclone held up well. I was warping to planets as Grant Smith -INFOD- in a Raven was about, and another hostile had been popping into system. I warped to a planet and accidentally decloaked Grant Smith, his Raven suddenly appeared below me. We both panicked and warped in the same direction. However he landed at a asteroid belt, and i ended up at the Planet next to it. A game of cat and mouse developed with me and Grant, i was the cat! 

Then over the comms and in the distant space came a massive explosion. Alliance pilots cheered as the hostile tower died. we had been victorious! 

I had planned a convoy to run, however Huang pilots had been ill and other sleeping, i had chosen a bad time. But then over comms a warning was sent out. A large enemy fleet was on its way to 66u

I scrambled into my Stabber, and set off again. the gang was 19 ship strong, and we where coming from both sides, we had the enemy in a classic pincer movement. Myridian Dynamics had 9 battle ships coming from 66u, NMTZ pilots from Isto and Hedal had a 10 ship strong force. The fleet engaged early in the 0.0 system, enemy ships delivered massive damage, we took heavy losses, i ended up tangeling with another Stabber, who was tech 2 fit, i wasnt...My Stabber died as i attempted to flee, I managed to escaped home in a pod, with Futher Bezluden, Mythral and a number of other NMTZ pilots who lost their ships. On our way through the many systems home we declared an egg race (in our fragile pods) to our home Istodard, winner gets breakfast cooked for them. The allied force however continued the battle, and in the end we annihilated them, to last ship, they lost more than we did, and alliance salvage crew picked the rewards. 

I sat back safe in HQ as final reports of the battle filtered in... the saying from Sun Tzu teachings echoed in my head......watch a river long enough, you will see the bodies of your enemies pass....

No comments:

Post a Comment